Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mom's Special Christmas Gifts

About every other year my dad and I set out to get my mother at Christmas. One year he bought her a past, present, and future necklace. My job was to wrap it. I went and got the UGLIEST material know to man, put a quick gather in it, put the necklace the bottom of a JC Penny box, put tissue paper over it and then put the hideous material on top. Everyone thought my dad had lost it, at first. This year he bought her a camcorder, and I did my work! Everyone that knows my mom, knows she has been redoing her bathroom for going on 3 years, so what did I do? I got a wonderful shower curtain and rings. I wrapped the camcorder in brown shipping paper and put it in the bottom of a beautiful gift bag, on top of this I lay the folded shower curtain, and then put the rings and tissue paper. I write a very loving note to go along with it, and pass it off to my dad before Christmas. I guess the pictures explain it best. I am sure glad my mom had already bought my present and the stores are closed on Christmas so she couldn't take it back. Mom I do really love you!!

1 comment:

molly said...

we miss you guys. wish we could have been there for christmas.